This news story comes from Ficción Breve Venezolano. Read the original story here.
Y nos pegamos a la fiesta by Víctor Alarcón is the winner of the 2012 Oswaldo Trejo Short Story Prize organised by Editiorial Equinoccio, the publishing arm of the Universidad Simón Bolívar, following a majority decision by the jury made up of Luis Barrera Linares, Carolina Lozada and Norberto José Olivar. The jury also decided to award special mentions to the short story collections Trampa-jaula by Liliana Lara and Tristicruel by Domingo Michelli Villabla.
Barrera Linares and Olivar praised how the five stories of Alarcón’s text are “harmoniously linked” by a narrative voice that uses parody, humour and irony to draw a “very appropriate portrayal of the characters and locations”. The whole jury underlined the “quality, purpose and responsibility” with which the authors of the 42 texts submitted to the competition confronted the key social, cultural, political and fictional preoccupations of contemporary Venezuela.
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)